Monday, July 13, 2009

more tubin' for bass with casey

I got out sunday afternoon to chase some big largies with casey.
I got a few on the swimjig and some on a senko.
casey got most of his on a "ribbit'plastic toad bait. it was a slow bite til sunset, then the bite got good for a short bit. We casted around the pads, coontail beds and slop in shallow water. the water is finally warm enough to go without waders!


casey out in the lake


first keeper for me on a jig and craw


pad bass action







casey nabs a nice 3 pounder. he also missed one he thinks was twice as big!



nice fish on a senko



I was just about to the landing and taking the last few casts of the night when I had a bite on my senko. I set the hook and this sea monster started to pull me sideways! I finally wrestled it in and it was this big huge toad! I tried to measure it, but it was hard on a paddle, i couldn't believe it but I couldn't get a 20 inch measurement off it, but I was sure it was 5 pounds! then casey said he had a hand held digital scale, so i gave up on the ruler, and hooked it up...5.1 pounds! Cha ching! :D





No comments: