Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bass opener 2011 weekend success

I went fishing with Jack this weekend , he was looking for crappies in the shallows and the action was pretty slow, so i did a lot of bassin' my main producer was a bluegill colored 6 inch bass slug on a 5/0 hook, casting at mainly dead emergent vegetation. I got some in the grand rapids area, but most of the big bass came out of mille lacs lake.









The lunker, almost 21 inches and very fat with eggs. I think it is over 6 pounds, but Jack's scale only gave me 5 pounds 9 ounces. still in my top ten all time biggest bass, and number one for smallmouths




4 comments:

MrBlackIS300 said...

That smallie is a monster!

dead fisher said...

Well done Michael!

Michael Thompson said...

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey MT,
Nice fish!
The river's high and fast but they been bitting pretty good from the boat.
FF