Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers day bassin'

Me, Dad and my sister went out for some fathersday fishing on a small lake near his house. I started out with a swimshad in the shallow clear water with no bites. I switched to a power tube on a darter head and soon had a good bass over 2 pounds. I tried to lift it in by the line and snapped it off losing my bait.
I got another one kinda small, then Dad got into the action getting a good 16 incher on a 7 inch power worm.
Then Nanc got a fish. she was using the same bait as me, but had less luck getting a dinky bass.
We got a few more smaller fish and I missed a few good bites. Then I scored a nice bass just under 18 inches.
5 minutes later I had a bite near a dock and thought I had him hooked, it felt like a tiny one so I really didn't reel him too hard. Then I saw it was a big fish just swimming towards the boat so I did'nt feel the weight, but it wasn't hooked and just spit the bait.
Dad cast his worm in that area, and soon saw the same fish I had on swimming towards his bait! The line tightened up quick and the fight was on! Soon we had it in the net, the big fish of the day at 18 inches! Way to go Dad!
We tried for some pike out deeper, Nanc getting one on a spinnerbait. I got a little one on a bass magic minnow.



First good fish in the boat


nice bucketmouth


A keeper


Hammerhandle



A monster! hey, beats getting skunked!


Big bass!



heading home after a fun day...

2 comments:

Kevin Dahlke said...

Looks like a great day on the water with your family...

Michael Thompson said...

Yeah, it was a great time! Thanks for stopping by the bucket!

MT