Sunday, April 12, 2009

First float tube outing sucess! 4-11

With the warmer weather comes some good fishin' I met Casey on the lake , he already had a bunch of fish when I got out there and Jack went out too in caseys canoe
The crappies were on the bite, I had good action on the "float and fly" rig, a small float one foot above a 1/80th hair jig. I sweetened it with a couple of red spikes to tempt the occasional big sunfish that would also be in the shallow dark bottomed bays looking for bugs.

Casey battles a nice slab


A pontoon and a canoe launching on the nice calm water



Nice big gill


Camera shy! is that how you are suppose to sit on a canoe?



Crappie!














fat gill















One eyed jack


lots of golden shiners around!





some for the pan!

3 comments:

Basspastor said...

What lake? If it's a secret just leave a comment at my blog.

Michael Thompson said...

Call me ill tell you then

Anonymous said...

LOOK OUT FOR the DUCK!!!!
FF