Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Icey weekend day one 3-26

I got out for some crappie action Saturday. I met Doug and his Son Collin, and a few of his friends on a spot that produced well last year. we had great ice conditions, the whole lake was my parking lot with over 3 ft of solid ice and just a few deep snowdrifts to dodge in my Ford.
I was hoping to put on a clinic on those slabs and had a good start nailing some really nice ones on a heavy metal 3mm green with a j&S icemite. But then I started having a tough time marking fish. That is when Collin really took over the show, he would hop around picking a fish here and there still fishing with a jig and waxworm, then he would go in his Dad's tent to warm up, where he would catch some more! Nice job!, he got the most, and big fish with a 13 inch mule too!


Doug got some great shots of my with my big crappie, nice! thanks!



golden crappie

Collin with a slabbosaurus


No comments: